1949 Plymouth woody for saleAppraised Aug. 30 2016 at $85000 CND (About $63000 US) Will sell for best
offer over $40000 US. Email support "AT" extols.com for more information
How to import collector cars from Canada to the U.S.
Exporting collector cars from Canada to the U.S. is easy>:
All the malarkey about expensive duty, complicated paperwork and safety standards only applies to newer cars and foriegn vehicles. None of it applies to cars made in America or Canada that are over 25 years old (unless they are heavily modified). There is no duty charged to import these cars. Customs processing charges will be less than $300 no matter how much the car is worth
Contact US CustomS or ICBC directly for the real facts.
US Customs Sumas Wa: 300 988 2971
ICBC Toll free in Canada and U.S. 1-800-661-3051
1. When an American purchases a Canadian vehicle over 25 years old, they require a bill of sale (with the VIN# signed by the seller) showing you as as the new owner. In British Columbia, the previous owners car registration and an I.C.B.C. transfer paper showing the car has been turned over to you. (The seller should provide all this when you pay for the car.)
2. Make sure the vin number on the old registration and the bill of sale matches the number on the car. Once this is all filled out and signed, You own the car.
3. Take the car to the border. Customs officials will inspect the car, ensure it matches the paperwork submitted. In most instances, where all paperwork and documents are in order, the import process can take less than 30 minutes.
Paperwork you will need-
1. A bill of sale with the vin # signed by the previous owner stating the vehicle has been sold to you.
2. The owners old registration.
3. A transfer paper (available at any Canadian insurance agent) showing the owner has transfered the vehicle to you.